Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Random happy thought...it's Shark Week again!!!

Well, well, well...it's sure been a while since I've been here, and even longer since I've had a chance to update. At times it doesn't seem like it's been that long, but when I see December was my last update and I think about what all has been going on in my life since then...it feels like ages. My apologies for that. I have a nasty habit of being lazy at times, but worse than that...I tend to withdraw when I'm feeling overwhelmed. And I've been feeling that way for too long now. Sadly, I'm still feeling that way, but I need to update. However, for the sake of time, I'm going to forgo my normal long-winded, rambling storytelling nature and just brush over a few things quickly. Perhaps later I will go into more detail with some things, but probably not...however I will defintely post pics later.

So much has happened since my last update, I don't even know where to begin. There's been birthdays and anniversaries, love and loss, happiness and sickness. I guess I should start with the sad and the bad, so I can try to end on a happy note.

I got word that Kerry isn't doing so well, and that the docs don't seem to be too optimistic. My heart breaks for her and her family, and I wish I could be there. I know hugs don't cure anything, but it's about all I got.

I don't think Heather wants her business known, so I'll just say she's been having a rough go of things lately as well. But I've got my fingers crossed that their move to Florida will help things. It will make my heart sad that they will be even further away, but I think it's for the best, so I shouldn't be selfish.

It kills me that Mom and Dad are so stubborn and closed-mouth when it comes to their health. I only get bits and pieces, so I basically only know enough to know that there's things wrong, but not exactly what or the severity of it.

I know Anita can feel my pain on that, her Mom is the same way. But I think she's getting a little better about letting her know how Dick is doing. Which sadly, doesn't seem to be too well. Poor guy has had a bad run of luck with his health lately...in and out of hospitals, but I think he should be heading home again this week. I wish him the best, and with him and everyone...I'm keeping them close in my thoughts and heart!

For a more positive note, as far as I know, Carrie and the twins are doing well. They were just in Ohio with Mom and Dad for the family reunion last month. Mom broke her wrist trying to save Shelby from a slide injury, but that's about all I know. LOL Mom did tell me that Shelby looks like me when I was little, and has Heather's childhood fearlessness! LOL

Things seem to still be sucky for my dear, sweet friend Flash Point...and that breaks my heart. He's so wonderful and deserves only the best...such happiness. I just can't understand why he hasn't been able to find that yet, but I have faith that he will.

I guess it would be awful silly of me to finally post an update and neglect to mention things in my own life, so here goes...in the "to make a long story short" version! LOL Enjoy!

Opened my heart and home to another kitty, Oliver Buff & Stuff Mancuso. A gorgeous stray Buff, who sadly had feline AIDS, but was probably one of the most affectionate and loving kitties ever. Bought a house and finally moved out of that crappy rental house. But that joy was over quickly, because the move seemed to prove too much for Oliver, who was already struggling with a horrible ear infection, and with his already weakened immune system, he just couldn't bounce back from it.

In June, I had to have surgery. Had been having problems with ovarian cysts. The surgery went well, they didn't have to remove my ovary. They were able to remove the cyst but also noticed some endometriosis, and they did what they could with that. As slightly scared as I was about the surgery and wishing I had my Mom and Dad here with me, it was such a comfort to know that I have a true, best friend willing to be here for me and take care of me. Thank you, HAM!!

One day last week I woke up with chest pains, but didn't really think much of it because they pretty much went away throughout the day. But later that night during dinner they came back. Intense pain and it wasn't just a localized area of my chest over my heart, it was also under my left boob and traveling into my left shoulder. After some convincing, I finally decided it would probably be best to get it checked out. The doc at MEC said he didn't think it was my heart, but that he wasn't completely ruling that out...but he thought it might be pleurisy. He gave me a steriod pack to take, and now it's been a week and for the most part the pain has eased. Although it does seem to flare up when I'm working, and of course when I smoke. Which I guess is another sign that I should have stuck with it when I quit smoking! LOL

Anywho, that's all I got for now. I promise to try to do better with my updates, and hopefully I can get some pics posted soon. Just remember that even though you might not hear from me regularly, doesn't mean I miss or love you any less!!! Until next time...miss and love you all bunches!!
Comments:
you know HAM will be there whenever and where-ever you need me. I was glad I could be with you when you needed me most. Like holding your puke bowl....lol ...sorry couldn't resist....loves ya...HAM
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?