Thursday, December 11, 2008

I love Cat

I remember very clearly one day in school when I was very little, a friend of my teacher's came in with a guitar and played some songs for us. I distinctly recall her playing Another Saturday Night and she had us kids sing along. Fast forward many years later, living in Texas. It was kind of a calm night at our house and I was trying to think of a good way to "trick" Dad into DJing for a bit. He had just bought a new Paul Simon greatest hits CD, and I was SURE I didn't know much of them and I wasn't in the mood to listen to any (silly me)...anywho, somehow we got on the subject of Cat Stevens. And I made the comment that I didn't think I knew any Cat. (Granted this was my usual opening line to get him DJing...just fill in the blank with a band I knew he'd fall for and we'd be set. He'd DJ as long as I kept bringing him beer, such a great win-win situation. However this time, I truly thought I didn't know any Cat.) So he tells me I do and starts to hum a bit of Another Saturday Night. Realization hits me and I conceed that I do know that song, but that I'm sure I don't know any others by him. Well, now we're off and running...he grabs his glasses, asks me to grab him a beer, and sits down by his CDs and starts searching. A few mintues later I'm in complete bliss, losing myself in some of Cat's amazingly wonderful songs. It would be too much to try to post all these vids, so I'm just going to post links, just click on the songs to hear them. I hope you enjoy!!

Wild World
Moonshadow
HardHeaded Woman
Peace Train
Morning Has Broken
Oh Very Young
Comments:
I could totally see your dad doing this.

Hey Les I was just wondering if you had any sound clips of your dads old band. Man were they good!
Tam
 
I wish I did, I would love to ehar them!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?