Friday, November 14, 2008

Guilty pleasures...

So, the thought has been rolling around in my head for a while now...that I should do some guilty pleasure posts. Nothing crazy, I was thinking more along the lines of music. Songs that touch you or move you for reasons you can't explain, but that you hate yourself for enjoying as much as you do. Songs you wouldn't normally admit to playing, let alone knowing all the words to.

For anyone who might not know this about me, music is in my blood, in my soul...it's what moves me and keeps me going. Regardless of the crap life is dealing me at any given time...music can completely change my outlook. There's songs, that I swear, honestly help to ease my pain. And I'm not just talking about emotional pain, because most music can do that to me, but there's a very few rare exceptions of musical genius that seem to truly cure what ails me...physical pains seem to lessen after listening to these songs. Listening to songs...lol...seems so silly to say it like that. I'm not sure I've ever just listened to a song. I fully believe that you need to clear your mind, close your eyes, let the soul of the music completely engulf you...that's really the only way to appreciate and experience the passion that someone has poured out of themselves into their work.

So without further ado...here's a goodie. Please enjoy He Needs Me from the movie Popeye!!



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?