Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Belated birthdays and such

In my slackness I've neglected to post some birthday wishes, so here's some belated "happy birthday"s, hope they were awesome. Happy birthday Morgan, Kerry, Stephanie, Deacon, J, Heather, Chuck, Grammie, George, Shelly, Roxie, and anyone else I might have forgotten.

At any given moment there's usually enough crap going on in my life for a million reasons why it takes me a while to update, however, I know I was in part purposely stalling this time. Half because I just didn't feel like expressing my thoughts and feelings on the crap I couldn't control and I hate always having negative updates...but the main reason...denial. Sometimes your brain knows something is real, that it's happened, but actually giving voice to it just makes it too real to deal with.

October 29th I received an ominous voicemail and text message from my dear friend Tina. Because of other crap going on I didn't return the call when I woke up, instead I just sent a text asking her what was up. A four word reply snapped me out of my self pity, and immediately made me regret not calling...for somethings shouldn't be told in text messages. "Brandy was killed today"

Thankfully her son Colin wasn't in the car with her. I'm sorry...I can't...the tears are just blocking the words. All I can say right now, and I know it will sound odd to anyone other than Tina, but I will never be able to hear Fat Bottom Girls without thinking of the three of us at Tony's.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?