Monday, September 15, 2008

Quick update and some food for thought

I thought it was about time I had some good news to update on, so here goes.

First, I want to start off saying how thankful I am for being reunited with a very dear old friend of mine. Through some confusion and a slack, lazy postal system, we drifted apart. But thankfully we were able to get back in touch. I'm very happy to learn that he's now married with a son and 2 step kids. I'm awaiting pics and you know I'll post them when I get them. He's "the sweetest Johnny Lingo in America"!!! LMAO

I just got word the other day that Bill got the drainage tubes out and is doing fine. I'm sure he'll make a full recovery. I feel blessed to have such a wonderful spirit as a friend.

I got some stuff in the mail the other day from a different pain clinic, and they have an appointment open for me for the end of this month. Woohoo!! So now I don't have to wait unti December, I just have to remember to call those other people and tell them what they can do with that far away appointment. LOL Of course it will probably take me until the end of the month to fill out all the paperwork the new place sent me, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

I had a bunch of x-rays taken of my feet the other day, but I was told nothing showed up. So now my doc is referring me to a podiatrist to get my heel pain checked out. I've got my fingers crossed.

I think I was right about my ganglion cyst coming back. The pain is getting worse and there's definitely a bump there. He had said that it might come back, so I guess in the back of my mind I've been kind of expecting this. I guess I'll need to go have him drain it again. I just remember how painful that was...definitely going to have to schedule that on a day when I'll be off work for a few days afterwards. I remember him telling me that there was less chance of it coming back if I had the surgery, but I just don't know if I can afford the time off for that. And right now, I'm slightly more concerned with getting my back and heel pain taken care of. Thankfully my managers at work are awesome and very understanding of how much pain I'm in, and they're pretty willing to work with me. I can't even begin to tell you guys how much I truly appreciate that. I like to think that's mostly because they know I'm not faking it or trying to use it as an excuse. Given the chance, I'll try to work through the pain as best I can, but I also know my limits. I might not always abide by my limits, but I know when I'm pushing myself too far. It just sucks that there's not much I can do about the pain. I'm sure my TENS unit would probably help some, but I need more electrodes. Most of the time Soma will help me get some sleep, but it doesn't always work and I don't want to take it all the time. (I think I have about 8 or 9 left of the 30 my doc prescribed for me back in December of last year. If that gives you any idea how infrequenty I take them.) Besides, it doesn't do much for the pain and I can't take it and work...I can only take it before I go to bed. I've been trying to take some of the "Perkys" my doc prescribed me, but here lately, on top of the fact that they make my hot flashes insane, they've just been making me really sick.

It truly sucks to feel like you're falling apart. Even more so when you're not even 30 yet!! In the midst of trying to work through some horrendous pain the other night, I tried to express my point to some people. For years now I've joked that if I was a horse, they would've shot me already. But it got me thinking...and so I'm going to leave you guys with the thought I was trying to debate.

When animals are in pain and suffering, we do the humane thing and put them out of their misery. So, why is it ok for animals, but not for humans??
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?