Links
Archives
- June 2005
- July 2005
- August 2005
- September 2005
- October 2005
- November 2005
- January 2006
- May 2006
- July 2006
- August 2006
- September 2006
- October 2006
- January 2007
- May 2007
- June 2007
- July 2007
- August 2007
- September 2007
- October 2007
- November 2007
- December 2007
- January 2008
- February 2008
- March 2008
- April 2008
- May 2008
- June 2008
- September 2008
- November 2008
- December 2008
- August 2009
- September 2009
- October 2009
- November 2009
- December 2009
- January 2010
- February 2010
- March 2010
- April 2010
- May 2010
- June 2010
- July 2010
- March 2011
- April 2011
- May 2011
- December 2012
- July 2015
- August 2015
- September 2015
- October 2015
- November 2015
- December 2015
- January 2016
- March 2016
- May 2016
- September 2018
- June 2022
Saturday, September 06, 2008
Miss me??






























Wow! I hadn't quite realized just how hectic things in my life have been, until it was brought to my attention that I hadn't updated my blog in months. So here goes, I'm going to try to get everyone caught back up in the world of me. Tee Hee!
First off, Dillon seems to be doing much better. However, Shelby's having some issues now with eating. I haven't had a chance to talk with Carrie, but from the little bit Mom knew, she told me that Shelby hasn't been eating much and seems to be in pain when she does eat. I got an e-mail from Carrie yesterday, saying that they were headed to Charlotte because the specialist thought they should do exploratory surgery on Shelby. Mom said it was an outpatient procedure, and not really surgery, just a cam looking for problems. I have yet to hear an update from Carrie, but I will post one as soon as I hear something. Mom also told me that they recently upped Shelby's acid reflux meds about a month ago, and that this other doc doesn't seem to think she has acid reflux, and that could be causing some of the problems. But who knows, don't you just love how docs contradict each other all the time?
Reagan and the twins have been enjoying some fishing trips lately...hope you enjoy the pics. From what I hear, Reagan is quite the fisher, Dillon loves the water and plays for hours...whereas Shelby wants nothing to do with it! Reagan has just started her dance classes again, so you can expect more dance pics soon.
I'm not sure if Heather wants me discussing her issues, so I'll just say that my heart breaks for her and even though it goes against what I've been saying for years, I would gladly offer my help in the matter if it were even remotely possible. Please keep her and Chuck in your thoughts and hearts as well.
And now for my extended "family". I would like to ask for you guys to please keep some friends of mine in your thoughts and hearts. My new partner in crime, "Ms. Bacon Eater", has been dealing with her step father being in and out of the hospital for a while now. She's not sure her mom is giving her the full story, but either way, older patients are always higher risk.
Next, my dear friend Bill was just in the hospital Monday to have a clogged artery replaced. He had a triple bypass in 2001, and the doc said those look good, just the blocked aortic valve artery was bad. I would greatly appreciate you guys keeping them close in your thoughts for me.
And now for my own personal drama updates. LOL Back on July 24th, I started to write an update about my back, so I'm just going to copy and paste it in here, then add to it.
Well, my back pain has been back lately, in full force...even affecting my sciatic nerve again as well. My doctor was finally able to get insurance to approve an MRI for my back. She's been concerned about the pain and wanting to see what's going on in there for about a year. My MRI was scheduled for last week. Since I had surgery, they put me in for a few pics, then pulled me out to inject some contrast in my arm, then back in for more pics. Their hope was that the contrast would help them see better, to distinguish any scar tissue from my surgery with any serious problems. The results were pretty much inconclusive, the thinking being that the replacement disc was causing problems with the MRI and making it difficult for anything to be seen. So, my doc scheduled me for a CT scan yesterday. Her nurse just called me with the results. She said the only thing they could see was that I have arthritis in my back. I know how painful arthritis can be, but I'm just struggling to believe that that's the only thing causing the severe pain I'm in...we're talking pain comparable to before my surgery. The pain was so bad Tuesday that I couldn't sleep, even after taking a Soma. Then I was brought to my knees a few times at work that night and it took everything in me not to cry from the pain. 3 Aleve later and I was still barely moving. If I wouldn't have been leaving work early that morning for my scan, I would have left shortly after getting there.
Almost a month after I got the arthritis news, I finally heard from the nurse at my doc's office. My doc wants me to see a pain management specialist again. Sadly, circumstances are prohibiting me from seeing the one I saw before...the best doc ever! So, after having to wait again for my doc to try to refer me to someone else, I finally get a call. The good news, I've heard good things about this guy and he's agreed to see me...the bad news, the first available appointment they can offer me isn't until DECEMBER 1st!!! WTF? Obviously, that didn't sound like such a good deal for me, so I called my doc back and asked if there was anyone else she could refer me to that could possibliy see me sooner than December. She agreed that was a bit of a wait, especially considering how much pain I'm in and how long I've been waiting in pain. However, I'm still waiting to see who, if anyone, can see me.
As an added bonus, I think my ganglion cyst might be coming back. I've been having some severe pain in my right wrist again, and I think there's a slight bump. But wait, it gets better! LMAO My right foot has been killing me, the pain mostly centered around my heel. As if I wasn't already walking funny from the pain in my back and sciatic nerve. I was trying to just pass it off as nothing serious, but it's been pretty constant for about a month now. When I told Mom about it yesterday, she told me to get it checked out as soon as possible. I don't know much about feet and what ails them, but my best guess was possible bone spurs or something like that. Mom seems to think it coud be the same problem she has. For the life of me I can't recall what it's called. I just know she suffers extreme pain and there doesn't seem to be much the docs can do for her. I think that's why she's so insistant that I catch whatever the problem is early and hopefully get it taken care of before it gets too bad.
Anywho, I guess I should probably stop rambling for now and take a nap soon so I'm not so dead tired at work tonight. (Some of these pics are older and random, and possibly repeats, but I felt like sharing some since it's been so long since I posted anything.)
