Monday, June 02, 2008

They soothe my soul

Ok, so I know most people don't really get me when it comes to music, but I've been trying to broaden people's musical horizons lately by sharing gems when I stumble across them. About a month or so back, for some reason, I decided to start looking into Michael Stanley Band again. All I could remember about them was that Dad's band opened for them once...I couldn't recall any of their songs, so I went searching. I have since then been hooked on them, and realized that I knew more of their songs then I thought I did. I will post some of them soon for everyone, but today instead I want to discuss Explosions In The Sky.

I believe it's PBS that airs Austin City Limits on Saturday nights. They show such a wide variety of artists, if you haven't checked it out before, I HIGHLY suggest that you do. So I happened to catch the show that they were on, and from the first note I was hooked. They truly are amazing...really my kind of "lose yourself in the music" type of band. They're instrumental and I know a lot of people don't dig that, but I felt it was my duty to include them in one of my "For your listening enjoyment" posts...really a band that shouldn't be over-looked!! So as always, please turn up your speakers...sit back, relax, close your eyes and open your mind and heart to the music...of Explosions In The Sky.

The Only Moment We Were Alone by Explosions In The Sky

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?