Thursday, June 19, 2008

A few musical suggestions

Oh happy day, I'm so excited!! Back in the day, Heather got me hooked on an awesome band called Sexual Harris. If I recall correctly, they were college students at NCState. They had like a demo CD (that I begged her for a copy) and they played some local gigs. But other than that, I hadn't ever heard of them. Throughout the years I've fully enjoyed listening to their CD, and never hesitated to tell those who asked about Sexual Harris. Since I hadn't heard anything more about them, I sadly just figured that they were a passing college phase and that they had quit or something. So then you can imagine my surprise, when just by sheer curiosity, I did a search for them on a music site the other day. There was one listing and the CD was called Obvious. I quickly hit the listen button to hear a snippet, to see if it really was them. I was shocked and said to myself, if it's not them, these people with the same name sound awful similar. Then while I was listening to little pieces of the songs, I ran across the song Meter...and ta da!!...I knew for a fact then, that this was indeed the Sexual Harris I was looking for. Although there were a few minor differences to the way this song Meter sounded and the way I'm used to it from the other CD, there was no mistaking that it was the same. So now I'm trying to figure out a way to share the Sexual Harris experience with you guys. I hope this works and I truly hope you enjoy! I know not many people care for instrumental groups, but as much as I love great lyrics, I fully believe that sometimes, words just get in the way.

Ok, so my idea didn't work, but I'm sure I'll think of some way to share these new gems with you guys. Because I've also stumbled onto another new wonderful musical experience...Syd. Another one I highly recommend checking out.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?