Links
Archives
- June 2005
- July 2005
- August 2005
- September 2005
- October 2005
- November 2005
- January 2006
- May 2006
- July 2006
- August 2006
- September 2006
- October 2006
- January 2007
- May 2007
- June 2007
- July 2007
- August 2007
- September 2007
- October 2007
- November 2007
- December 2007
- January 2008
- February 2008
- March 2008
- April 2008
- May 2008
- June 2008
- September 2008
- November 2008
- December 2008
- August 2009
- September 2009
- October 2009
- November 2009
- December 2009
- January 2010
- February 2010
- March 2010
- April 2010
- May 2010
- June 2010
- July 2010
- March 2011
- April 2011
- May 2011
- December 2012
- July 2015
- August 2015
- September 2015
- October 2015
- November 2015
- December 2015
- January 2016
- March 2016
- May 2016
- September 2018
- June 2022
Monday, March 03, 2008
This one goes out to Mr. Nice Dairy Man
First and foremost, my heart breaks for my dear, sweet friend Kenneth and Romeo. I got a letter this weekend from my "Mr. Nice Dairy Man" and I was in tears reading it. His kitty Romeo (older than Buttercup) had been sick. He had stopped eating and had lost a lot of weight, which is saying something because Romeo was a very big, fluffy, gorgeous kitty. I have the perfect pic to post, but I have to find it and scan it. Anywho, after some back and forth to the vet, and even extracting some teeth, nothing seemed to be helping Romeo, and I can only imagine the heartache Kenneth was dealing with watching him decline so horribly. He was faced with making the hard decision that all pet owners dread, and realized that Romeo was suffering and euthanizing him was really the kindest thing he could do for him. Reading what he did afterwards made me cry even more, and just strengthened the bond I feel with him, as if there was ever any doubt about how truly sweet and thoughtful he is. I won't share it all with you, but I'll say this...there are very few honestly sweet and thoughtful people in the world, and I feel blessed to have the few I know in my life!
I spoke with the vet today about the results of Buttercup's blood work. He said her white blood cell count was still very elevated, but that it had dropped significantly (from 27,000 to 19,000 I believe is what he said). She seems to be doing ok on the Baytril once a day, and she really seems to love the new food he suggested. That makes me happy, but the fact that she's been able to keep it down, makes me even happier!
We took the boys fishing yesterday, mainly just to get out of the house and enjoy the nice day. Although Deacon did manage to catch a small catfish. I took a few pics, but I'm too lazy to post them now, I'll post them later. I know, I'm such a slacker...I got some wonderful presents from one of my dear, sweet friends in Oz...so I could enjoy in the Australia Day celebrations too, but I have yet to take some decent pics of me modeling my new goodies and post them. I promise that's on my "to do" list too! On a side note...I finally tried the Love Potions Sticky Vanilla Toffee Tim Tams...OMG!!! Yummy doesn't even come close to describe the deliciousness of these little bites of joy disguised as cookies!!! LOL In case there was ever any doubt...I LOVE Tim Tams!!!
Anywho, I guess that's all for now, more later. Please stay safe everyone...you mean the world to me! Until later...love and hugs!!
I spoke with the vet today about the results of Buttercup's blood work. He said her white blood cell count was still very elevated, but that it had dropped significantly (from 27,000 to 19,000 I believe is what he said). She seems to be doing ok on the Baytril once a day, and she really seems to love the new food he suggested. That makes me happy, but the fact that she's been able to keep it down, makes me even happier!
We took the boys fishing yesterday, mainly just to get out of the house and enjoy the nice day. Although Deacon did manage to catch a small catfish. I took a few pics, but I'm too lazy to post them now, I'll post them later. I know, I'm such a slacker...I got some wonderful presents from one of my dear, sweet friends in Oz...so I could enjoy in the Australia Day celebrations too, but I have yet to take some decent pics of me modeling my new goodies and post them. I promise that's on my "to do" list too! On a side note...I finally tried the Love Potions Sticky Vanilla Toffee Tim Tams...OMG!!! Yummy doesn't even come close to describe the deliciousness of these little bites of joy disguised as cookies!!! LOL In case there was ever any doubt...I LOVE Tim Tams!!!
Anywho, I guess that's all for now, more later. Please stay safe everyone...you mean the world to me! Until later...love and hugs!!