Links
Archives
- June 2005
- July 2005
- August 2005
- September 2005
- October 2005
- November 2005
- January 2006
- May 2006
- July 2006
- August 2006
- September 2006
- October 2006
- January 2007
- May 2007
- June 2007
- July 2007
- August 2007
- September 2007
- October 2007
- November 2007
- December 2007
- January 2008
- February 2008
- March 2008
- April 2008
- May 2008
- June 2008
- September 2008
- November 2008
- December 2008
- August 2009
- September 2009
- October 2009
- November 2009
- December 2009
- January 2010
- February 2010
- March 2010
- April 2010
- May 2010
- June 2010
- July 2010
- March 2011
- April 2011
- May 2011
- December 2012
- July 2015
- August 2015
- September 2015
- October 2015
- November 2015
- December 2015
- January 2016
- March 2016
- May 2016
- September 2018
- June 2022
Wednesday, March 05, 2008
Damn my memory
Happy Birthday Tyler!! Hope it's awesome, just like you!
More updates. I'm not so sure the new, expensive food is working for Buttercup. She threw up this morning, all over the bed and the bedroom floor. A little later she threw up while she was trying to eat. I decided to call the vet, knowing he would probably say what he's been telling me lately, that he's pretty much exhausted all the ideas he had for treating her...short of referring her to specialists. While I was waiting for him to call me back, she coughed up a tiny hairball. Then she threw up again while she was trying to eat. A lady from the vet finally called me back and said pretty much what I was expecting to hear. Although she did say that the only other idea he had was to try another different med, she said she would try to get it out in the mail to me today. Although she did tell me that he even said he wasn't sure if it would do anything. I've got my fingers crossed that this stuff will help. Otherwise...I just don't know what to do anymore. I can't afford to drive her to Indy for a specialist, but I don't want her suffering. I hate feeling this helpless.
On top of my eventful day of cleaning up kitty yack all morning, I had a dentist appointment today. Finally, after so many years I'm getting something done about my two half-missing teeth. We decided to work on the upper right back one today. He was hoping he could save it, he said he didn't think it looked as bad as the other one, but once he got looking closely at it he realized it was too bad. Since I was sure I didn't want a root canal, I just told him to go ahead and yank that baby out! LOL And that decision had nothing to do with the gas they were giving me. (I get extremely nervous at the dentist and have a high tolerance for pain meds, so they hooked me up with the gas as soon as I sat down. They even gave it to me last time I was there, just for a cleaning and check up!) I hurt. On top of the gas, he gave me some shots before he started looking around at my tooth. That didn't last long, almost as soon as he started drilling or whatever he was doing, I was half jumping out of the chair in pain. So they gave me some more shots, his assistant said it was the strongest stuff they had. Then when we decided to just pull the tooth, he had to give me another (very painful) shot. Too bad with all that, I still was feeling some pain while he was yanking it out. Of course once he finally got it out, he realized one of the roots had broken off, so he had to go back digging around to get it out. Did I mention that I hurt?!? I was starting to feel the pain on my way home, so I decided to hurry up and drink some noodles, to have something on my stomach so I could hurry up and take some pain meds...and pray they help. And just think...I get to do it all over again in a few weeks. They both agreed that my upper left back tooth looks worse, so I'm sure that one is going to go bye bye too, and that's fine with me. I don't really care, so long as the pain stops. They've been hurting off and on for a while now, so bad that I couldn't sleep the other night. At least it's almost over.
Wow...in my ramblings on here the other day I can't believe I completely forgot to mention that I went to an awesome concert! Amy and I went to the Drowning Pool and Saliva concert on the 29th. City Sleeps opened for them. I had never heard of them before, but they weren't bad. Other than having to stand the entire time (it was standing room only) and trying to avoid getting pulled into the mosh pit, we had a blast. I even got a cool Drowning Pool shirt. I promise to post a pic when I'm feeling less blah. While I was standing there trying to decide which shirt I wanted, I noticed this familiar looking guy standing less than 5 feet from me. I turned to Amy and asked, "Isn't that the guy?" She just looked at me blankly, so I asked her again, "Isn't he in the band?" She didn't know, but I was sure of it. And when Drowning Pool took the stage, I realized I had been right. I had been standing less than 5 feet from the yummy guitarist C. J. Pierce!! How cool is that!?! Too bad I'm so shy, otherwise I might have asked him to sign my boobies or something!! LMAO Anywho, please don't take my lack of rambling about the concert as any indication of how it was, I just hurt too much to ramble anymore. I think I'm going to lay my sore face down for a bit. Until next time...love and hugs!!
More updates. I'm not so sure the new, expensive food is working for Buttercup. She threw up this morning, all over the bed and the bedroom floor. A little later she threw up while she was trying to eat. I decided to call the vet, knowing he would probably say what he's been telling me lately, that he's pretty much exhausted all the ideas he had for treating her...short of referring her to specialists. While I was waiting for him to call me back, she coughed up a tiny hairball. Then she threw up again while she was trying to eat. A lady from the vet finally called me back and said pretty much what I was expecting to hear. Although she did say that the only other idea he had was to try another different med, she said she would try to get it out in the mail to me today. Although she did tell me that he even said he wasn't sure if it would do anything. I've got my fingers crossed that this stuff will help. Otherwise...I just don't know what to do anymore. I can't afford to drive her to Indy for a specialist, but I don't want her suffering. I hate feeling this helpless.
On top of my eventful day of cleaning up kitty yack all morning, I had a dentist appointment today. Finally, after so many years I'm getting something done about my two half-missing teeth. We decided to work on the upper right back one today. He was hoping he could save it, he said he didn't think it looked as bad as the other one, but once he got looking closely at it he realized it was too bad. Since I was sure I didn't want a root canal, I just told him to go ahead and yank that baby out! LOL And that decision had nothing to do with the gas they were giving me. (I get extremely nervous at the dentist and have a high tolerance for pain meds, so they hooked me up with the gas as soon as I sat down. They even gave it to me last time I was there, just for a cleaning and check up!) I hurt. On top of the gas, he gave me some shots before he started looking around at my tooth. That didn't last long, almost as soon as he started drilling or whatever he was doing, I was half jumping out of the chair in pain. So they gave me some more shots, his assistant said it was the strongest stuff they had. Then when we decided to just pull the tooth, he had to give me another (very painful) shot. Too bad with all that, I still was feeling some pain while he was yanking it out. Of course once he finally got it out, he realized one of the roots had broken off, so he had to go back digging around to get it out. Did I mention that I hurt?!? I was starting to feel the pain on my way home, so I decided to hurry up and drink some noodles, to have something on my stomach so I could hurry up and take some pain meds...and pray they help. And just think...I get to do it all over again in a few weeks. They both agreed that my upper left back tooth looks worse, so I'm sure that one is going to go bye bye too, and that's fine with me. I don't really care, so long as the pain stops. They've been hurting off and on for a while now, so bad that I couldn't sleep the other night. At least it's almost over.
Wow...in my ramblings on here the other day I can't believe I completely forgot to mention that I went to an awesome concert! Amy and I went to the Drowning Pool and Saliva concert on the 29th. City Sleeps opened for them. I had never heard of them before, but they weren't bad. Other than having to stand the entire time (it was standing room only) and trying to avoid getting pulled into the mosh pit, we had a blast. I even got a cool Drowning Pool shirt. I promise to post a pic when I'm feeling less blah. While I was standing there trying to decide which shirt I wanted, I noticed this familiar looking guy standing less than 5 feet from me. I turned to Amy and asked, "Isn't that the guy?" She just looked at me blankly, so I asked her again, "Isn't he in the band?" She didn't know, but I was sure of it. And when Drowning Pool took the stage, I realized I had been right. I had been standing less than 5 feet from the yummy guitarist C. J. Pierce!! How cool is that!?! Too bad I'm so shy, otherwise I might have asked him to sign my boobies or something!! LMAO Anywho, please don't take my lack of rambling about the concert as any indication of how it was, I just hurt too much to ramble anymore. I think I'm going to lay my sore face down for a bit. Until next time...love and hugs!!