Links
Archives
- June 2005
- July 2005
- August 2005
- September 2005
- October 2005
- November 2005
- January 2006
- May 2006
- July 2006
- August 2006
- September 2006
- October 2006
- January 2007
- May 2007
- June 2007
- July 2007
- August 2007
- September 2007
- October 2007
- November 2007
- December 2007
- January 2008
- February 2008
- March 2008
- April 2008
- May 2008
- June 2008
- September 2008
- November 2008
- December 2008
- August 2009
- September 2009
- October 2009
- November 2009
- December 2009
- January 2010
- February 2010
- March 2010
- April 2010
- May 2010
- June 2010
- July 2010
- March 2011
- April 2011
- May 2011
- December 2012
- July 2015
- August 2015
- September 2015
- October 2015
- November 2015
- December 2015
- January 2016
- March 2016
- May 2016
- September 2018
- June 2022
Monday, January 21, 2008
Updates
I always wish to have good news for my updates, but that's not usually the case. I have a few people who need good thoughts and wishes...please keep them in your thoughts and hearts.
First, I was wrong about the spelling of Amy's baby's name...it's Caelan, not Calen. He's still in the NICU, they were thinking about sending him home soon, but then last night he suffered an episode of sleep apnea. Now they're not sure how much longer he's going to have to stay there. Amy did tell me that they might send him home, but with a monitor to keep a check on things. I can't even imagine how hard it must be for her to not be able to hold her new baby whenever she wants. She told me the other day that they took some of the tubes out of him and she took some more pics, and she promised to e-mail me some so I can see him. I'll post some when I get some.
Around Christmas I was reunited with a dear friend of mine who I hadn't spoken to in years. She's awful stressed out right now with a new job, selling her house, and possibly moving to Florida. To add to that, she just found out that her brother was in the hospital to have a heart cath. done and now he's having open heart surgery tomorrow. Please keep both them in your thoughts and hearts. Denise is one of the sweetest people I've ever met and my heart breaks for her. I wish I could see her again, it's been so long. I have a few pics of us together, but none of them are scanned. I'll see what I can do about that.
Shortly after the new year I got an e-mail with horrible news about another friend of mine named Helen. (Not the Hellen in OZ.) Her fiance, the man she has been living with for over 5 years, was murdered. As of the other day, the police didn't seem to have any real information for her, but she told me they were coming over later to talk with her, and she hoped they had some news for her. I haven't heard back from her yet about that meeting. She profusely needs to be in our thoughts and hearts! After our talk the other day I realized just how depressed she is...as if losing her fiance wasn't bad enough, she told me more about her. She was married before and her husband killed himself. That's tough enough to get through...my heart truly goes out to her. She was also in a bad car accident and trying to recover from it when her fiance was murdered. She said she just doesn't feel like living anymore...that she knows she couldn't commit suicide, but she just doesn't want to be here anymore. My heart broke when I read her words. Partly because I felt so sad for her, but mostly because I could relate. I've felt exactly that way so many times in my life...it was like I was reading my own words.
I need to end for now, but I'll update more later. Please keep these wonderful people in your thoughts and hearts...it would mean so much to me. Until later...love and hugs!
First, I was wrong about the spelling of Amy's baby's name...it's Caelan, not Calen. He's still in the NICU, they were thinking about sending him home soon, but then last night he suffered an episode of sleep apnea. Now they're not sure how much longer he's going to have to stay there. Amy did tell me that they might send him home, but with a monitor to keep a check on things. I can't even imagine how hard it must be for her to not be able to hold her new baby whenever she wants. She told me the other day that they took some of the tubes out of him and she took some more pics, and she promised to e-mail me some so I can see him. I'll post some when I get some.
Around Christmas I was reunited with a dear friend of mine who I hadn't spoken to in years. She's awful stressed out right now with a new job, selling her house, and possibly moving to Florida. To add to that, she just found out that her brother was in the hospital to have a heart cath. done and now he's having open heart surgery tomorrow. Please keep both them in your thoughts and hearts. Denise is one of the sweetest people I've ever met and my heart breaks for her. I wish I could see her again, it's been so long. I have a few pics of us together, but none of them are scanned. I'll see what I can do about that.
Shortly after the new year I got an e-mail with horrible news about another friend of mine named Helen. (Not the Hellen in OZ.) Her fiance, the man she has been living with for over 5 years, was murdered. As of the other day, the police didn't seem to have any real information for her, but she told me they were coming over later to talk with her, and she hoped they had some news for her. I haven't heard back from her yet about that meeting. She profusely needs to be in our thoughts and hearts! After our talk the other day I realized just how depressed she is...as if losing her fiance wasn't bad enough, she told me more about her. She was married before and her husband killed himself. That's tough enough to get through...my heart truly goes out to her. She was also in a bad car accident and trying to recover from it when her fiance was murdered. She said she just doesn't feel like living anymore...that she knows she couldn't commit suicide, but she just doesn't want to be here anymore. My heart broke when I read her words. Partly because I felt so sad for her, but mostly because I could relate. I've felt exactly that way so many times in my life...it was like I was reading my own words.
I need to end for now, but I'll update more later. Please keep these wonderful people in your thoughts and hearts...it would mean so much to me. Until later...love and hugs!
