Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I ramble when I get bored...

Perturbed that my pent up frustration was only slightly being quelled by my music...that which usually soothes my soul and warms my heart, I turn my attention outside. The stars enchanting me with their twinkling glows, the brisk breeze cooling my slight anger as I watch the branches sway and dance with the rhythm of the night. The sounds of the crickets instantly transporting me back to long ago almost forgotten memories of pages and pages of heart and soul ripped out and poured on paper...for me, for him, with no other witnesses than those simple masters, orchestrating the opportunity. A smile creeps unto my face as my attention is drawn now to a faint scent being carried on the breeze...the promise of rain. Oh how I cherished those late night walks, especially in the rain. There always seemed to be such a calming rush. The delight of each raindrop caressing my skin and washing my concerns away. I'm reminded of a rare occasion when I permitted a slight intrusion on one of my retreats, a dear friend who seemed to understand the power of these silent escapes. For my tolerance I was rewarded with a drawing. I think now how amazing it would be to have my own secret place to hide away, every inch of space would be filled, covered, exploding with these momentos, these wonderful yet painful pieces of myself.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?