Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Finally some good news

Sorry it's taken me so long to be able to post an update, but with car and house problems I wasn't given much choice. However, I have a chance now and what better timing then when I finally have some good news to report.

First of all, I want to say a big thank you to everyone who was concerned about Jakob and passed along their well wishes. He truly is an amazing kitty and seems to have bounced back miraculously. Although the vet and assistant that night didn't say they didn't think he would recover without the transfusion, they implied it. But they say love cures all things, and I think that had a lot to do with his recovery. Thankfully he's back to his old self and just as affectionate as ever.

Secondly, I heard today that a friend of mine in Oz who has cancer, is doing better. The chemo seems to be working and the docs think they might be able to do surgery to remove the rest. I can't tell you how happy this news has made me. She will of course still remain close in my thoughts, and the silly cards will continue to be sent! LOL

The latest update I've heard about another friend of mine in Oz who's sick, is that the docs finally gave her the green light to try surgery. She had told me a few months ago that she wasn't sure what they were going to do because the chemo wasn't working, and that surgery was going to be a risky decision. She said the odds were high that she might die during surgery, and regardless last December they had only given her less than a year to live. She's an amazing soul though...always lively, very funny, very positive, and always looking for new ways to torture her nurses!

I'll update again when I know more, please keep these lovely ladies in your thoughts.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?