Tuesday, July 10, 2007

One cannot make laws to rule the heart

Well, last week I read a great book and felt the need to share it with you guys. The book is The Last Promise by Richard Paul Evans. It's set in Italy, but don't let that distract you from reading it if you get the chance, it's truly a wonderful book. Mr. Evans paints a picture of love and the power of hope to change your life. Needless to say I wept while reading it and for awhile afterwards. I don't want to say too much else about it, because I want you to fully experience it for yourself. However, I will include some Italian Proverbs from the book that inspire you to think, but I'll only use the English translated versions.

Every heart has its secret.

Love is blind. Marriage restores one's vision.

A woman's fate is determined by the love she accepts.

The language of love is in the eyes.

A silent passion increases more ardently.

One cannot make laws to rule the heart.

When one tries to hide love, one gives the best evidence of its existence.

The sound of a kiss is not as strong as that of a cannon, but its echo endures much longer.

Dearly bought is the honey licked from a thorn.

A little spark kindles a great fire.

Forbidden fruit is sweetest.

How sweet is the rapturous state of soft passions in a heart full of love.

Love is the reward of love.

When love flees it is futile to pursue it.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?